Who you’ll be working for:
Our client is a multifaceted Construction and Civil Engineering business specialising in construction and infrastructure. They have made an incredible impact locally and have delivered some prominent projects over recent years. On the back of this they secured some extensive framework agreements on a large scale construction project in Cumbria.
The people you’ll be working with:
Based from our clients project office in Whitehaven you will form a part of a well experienced commercial team consisting of a Commercial Managers, Managing Surveyors, Senior Surveyors and QS Support, you will collaborate with fellow team members on an extremely large and complex project.
What you’ll be asked to achieve:
You will render commercial support and aid with the delivery of the contracted work by taking ownership of a package allocated to the commercial team. You will be asked to provision accurate and timely commercial reports, provide advice to management team and ensure the contract achieves the appropriate commercial targets.
In order to fulfil this you will be required to:
- Manage and control the commercial aspects of projects.
- Advise other surveyors of opportunities to maximise values and minimise costs.
- Collate, review financially and report on other projects within her/his remit
- Monitor sub contractor against programme and ensure direct reports do likewise and offer advice and support on problem areas
This role would suit someone with:
- A relevant industry qualification
- Previous experience as a Quantity Surveyor
- Experience working on high profile projects
- Construction experience having worked for a main contractor
- Extensive experience of NEC3 forms of contract
- Excellent negotiation and diplomacy skills and the ability to make a sound business case to senior stakeholders
Whats in it for you?
- An attractive salary
- (for those working away during the week) A comfortable subsistence allowance
- The chance to work in a highly regulated industry on high profile projects