Managing Quantity Surveyor
Who you’ll be working for:
Our client is a multifaceted Construction and Civil Engineering business specialising in construction and infrastructure. They have made an incredible impact locally delivery some prominent projects over recent years. On the back of this they secured some extensive framework agreements on a large scale construction projects in Cumbria.
The people you’ll be working with:
Based from our client’s project office in Whitehaven you will form a part of a well experienced commercial team consisting of a Commercial Managers, Managing Surveyors, Senior Surveyors and QS Support. On this occasion you will oversee a team of surveyors who concerned with developing a groundbreaking new project in Cumbria.
What you’ll be asked to achieve:
You'll be tasked with efficiently directing and managing the commercial resources during the pre-construction & construction phases, in order to ensure key targets are met.
In order to fulfil this, you will be required to:
- Take responsibility for the delivery of commercial activities for this exciting new project.
- Understand the contractual requirements of project/framework documents including the roles and responsibilities of all involved and the notices required to record change etc. Ensure all required notices are issued in a timely manner.
- Ensure the issues are understood by the whole team.
- Provision commercial aspects of Pre Tender submission
- Oversee Cost and Value management
- Oversee th preparation, maintenance and agreement of Project accounts
- Provision the commercial and financial reporting information
- Ensure compliance with company standards and procedures in respect of Commercial activities
- Adminiter subcontract procurement and management
- Handle claims management including formal preparation and negotiation
- Ensure control of project documentation
- Monitor the management and recording of changes
- Manage and motivate the commercial team to achieve key target.
This role would suit someone with:
- Experience leading the commercial delivery of a large project, section of a large project or multiple smaller projects.
- Proven experience of setting strategy as well as operationally driving projects to successful conclusion.
- In excess of 5 years’ QS management experience with a variety of contracts of different value, complexity and form of contract. Ideally NEC3.
- Construction experience having worked for a main contractor
What’s in it for you?
- An attractive salary in the region of £65k plus package
- For those from other regions choosing to relocate during the week there is a comfortable subsistence allowance on offer.
- Further chance to work in a highly regulated industry on high profile projects