Principal CE&I Engineer
Who you’ll be working for:
A global design and engineering consulting organisation with a strong local presence in the UK. They have a pedigree delivering projects across a variety of highly regulated sectors. One area where they are particularly strong is in the nuclear sector, where they have worked on groundbreaking and innovative projects all over the world.
The people you’ll be working with:
Day to day you’ll be based in our clients at Westlakes Science park. You’ll work amongst a small team of engineers of all disciplines in our clients vast and renowned engineering division that have been allocated to this project. You’ll also work shoulder to shoulder with the end client as they are in house supporting the delivery of this key project in their portfolio.
What you’ll be asked to achieve:
In this role, you will be a Principal EC&I Engineer that is responsible for with work surrounding an exciting new project.
In order to fulfil this you will be required to:
- Oversee work being carrie out on safety substantiation to nuclear standard
- Work with Safety Instrumented Systems, Programmable Logic Controllers
- Oversee Engineers working to relevant safety standards (IEC 61508, 61511, 61513 e.t.c)
- Sign off on both preliminary and detailed design.
- Display experience of managing teams at principal level
- Oversee the design review of HAZOPs
- Ensure risk and quality management procedures are adhered to
- Be security cleared, or have the ability to gain security clearance
This role would suit someone with:
- A degree in Electrical Engineering or Control Systems related discipline
- Possess a good understanding of Control Systems and Safety engineering principles
- Experience in delivering solutions to technical problems
- Experience in engineering design/design analysis
- Experience of undertaking technical calculations
- Experience in 2D and 3D Computer Aided Design
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to learn and adapt
Whats in it for you?
- Long term and innovative project.
- Ability to learn from and be mentored by some great Engineers with outstanding experience.
- Payment of professional fees
- Private medical insurance
- Training and Development is encouraged
- Attractive salary and overall package and benefits