Who you’ll be working for:
An international engineering business that services range from operational support engineering to full Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Management (EPCM) missions. Sectors include mining, uranium chemistry, enrichment, used fuel recycling, dismantling and waste management.
The people you’ll be working with:
Part of the Engineering an operational business, you will be integrated into operational engineering multi-discipline teams. The engineering business is in a growth phase, and they are interested in strengthening the Mechanical design team.
What you’ll be asked to achieve.
You and the engineering team will design mechanical processes from strategic and conceptual phases through detailed design and support to construction and commissioning. You may be asked to provide expertise to plant operations and bids. You will also undertake technical studies.
In order to fulfil this you will be required to have:
- Experience of delivering and managing technical studies related to mechanical handling for both handling operations and heavy transfer systems
- Experience in gloveboxes, compaction and mechanical dismantling technologies.
- Expereince in powder mechanical processes (transport, milling, and compaction) in high active environment
- Worked in multi-disciplinary environments and be able to provide technical support to the wider business and clients
This role would suit someone with:
- A Masters degree in Mechanical engineering or relevant degree.
- Membership of a professional body
- Demonstrable experience of engineering design (development, FEED, detailed design, technical specification, documentation review from supply chain) in the nuclear industry or other regulated sectors.
- Demonstrable experience of mechanical studies delivery
- Recognised Subject Matter Expert
- Expereince of delivering projects for Sellafield or Magonx sites( desirable)
Whats in it for you?
- To join a business recognised as a top 3 ranking world expert in its area of activity.