Who you’ll be working for:
Our client is a multifaceted Construction and Civil Engineering business specialising in construction and infrastructure. They have made an incredible impact locally delivery some prominent projects over recent years. On the back of this they secured some extensive framework agreements on a large scale construction projects in Cumbria.
The people you’ll be working with:
Based from our client’s project office in Whitehaven you will form a part of a well-experienced planning department consisting of a Planning Managers, Senior Planners and Planning support. On this occasion you will slot into a team of planners who are concerned with the development of a groundbreaking new project in Cumbria.
What you’ll be asked to achieve:
You will be responsible for operating the planning system in accordance with the planning procedures and providing a consistently high level of service.
In order to fulfil this, you will be required to:
- Work as part of the project team, but with dual role as independent assessor of progress, giving confidence in project status to senior management
- Ensure the company procedures and planning standards are being implemented
- Contribute to the capturing of output rates to ensure company database remains current and competitive
- Ensure compliance with company Quality, Safety and Environmental requirements
- Understand for each project the level of planning service and anticipated time allocation to provide that service
- Undertake hands-on planning preparing, in conjunction with production team, optimum working programme to meet project objectives covering design, procurement, enabling, construction, commissioning, handover, client key dates as appropriate.
- Contribute to the capturing of project risks and proposing mitigating actions
- Oversee meeting/ communicating with supply chain and sub contractors to confirm suitable method and programme for scope given project specific constraints
- As necessary, monitor and report progress against programmes, suggesting mitigation actions were appropriate
- Understand the project forms of contract (NEC3)
- Summarise projects status upstream to senior management, highlighting any unresolved major risks and potential overruns
- Manage time and workload to ensure deadlines are met. Highlight any potential work overload to Line Manager as soon as it is apparent.
- Ensure the Company Health and Safety safe working practices are observed at all times
This role would suit someone with:
- Experience of construction projects
- Excellent communication skills; ability to quickly and clearly articulate key issues and to listen and capture concerns of others
- Use of specialist planning software (ideally all of P6, MS Project Astra Powerpoint)
- Knowledge of the key features of NEC3
What’s in it for you?
- An attractive salary or Daily Rate
- For those from other regions choosing to relocate during the week there is a comfortable subsistence allowance on offer.
- Further chance to work in a highly regulated industry on high profile projects