Who you’ll be working for:
An international engineering business that services range from operational support engineering to full Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Management (EPCM) missions. Sectors include mining, uranium chemistry, enrichment, used fuel recycling, dismantling and waste management.
The people you’ll be working with:
Part of the Engineering an operational business, you will be intergrated into operational engineering multi-discipline teams.
What you’ll be asked to achieve.
Your team will deliver projects at various phases from FEED to commissioning, or you may be asked to provide expertise to Plant Operations
In order to fulfil this you will be required to have:
- Experience of delivering and managing technical studies related to waste management: waste retrieval and conditioning, waste route and final package, definition of best options and techniques available, and overall decontamination, decommissioning and dismantling strategies, technologies and processes.
- Experience in the design of chemical processes, from strategic and conceptual phases to detailed design and construction & commissioning phase support. Typical deliverables will be issued: technical note, substantiation notes, process flow diagrams, process flow-sheets (chemical and radiological), P&IDs, specifications for instrumentation, automations, equipment and sampling, hazards and malfunctions management.
- Worked on UK nuclear sites with a knowledge of UK regulations on waste.
- A strong ability to deliver commercially efficient solutions.
This role would suit someone with:
- A degree in Chemical or Process engineering or relevant degree.
- Membership of a professional body, or working towards that.
- Demonstrable experience of engineering design (development, FEED, detailed design, technical specification, documentation review from supply chain) and engineering team management in the nuclear industry or other regulated sectors.
- Demonstrable experience of waste management (retrieval and conditioning processes for interim or long-term storage) and of liquid and gas treatment processes.
- Experience of delivering D&D projects for Sellafield or Magnox sites (desirable).
- Good communication and organisational skills.
- Excellent ability to understand complex issues and deliver solutions.
What's in it for you?
- To join a business recognised as a top 3 ranking world expert in its area of activity.