Senior CAD Technician (Revit)
Who you’ll be working for:
Our client is a highly respected multidisciplinary design consultancy who offer design solutions to clients across the Education, Commercial, Healthcare, Retail and Residential sectors.
The people you’ll be working with:
As part of our clients well established team of Engineers and Technicians, you’ll work closely with colleagues of various engineering disciplines, where you will prepare detailed engineering calculations, and assist with specifications, scheme designs and project reports.
What you’ll be asked to achieve:
As Senior Technician (REVIT) you’ll work alongside specialist building services (MEP) engineers and CAD technicians, and working closely with colleagues of various engineering disciplines. You will produce and oversee the design of coordinated 3D BIM models using Revit, and mentor more junior CAD staff in the use of Revit.
You be asked to produce technically sound work consistently designed and delivered, in accordance with agreed deadlines and budgets.
In order to fulfil this you will be required to:
- Interpret engineering designs and produce & amend technical drawings using software appropriate to the discipline and project/s
- Produce calculations using the appropriate tools and/or systems
- Anticipate and highlight potential design problems
- Monitor quality control of documents, ensuring that changes are identified, accuracy of drawings held on file is maintained, and documents are issued to clients and contractors in the required format
- Check work for accuracy and quality control purposes, including the works of colleagues and other members of the project team
- Assist at project site visits, performing tasks as required (e.g. attending meetings, taking photographs, monitoring work against specification and highlighting problems, proving on-site instruction with regard to drawings)
- Attend and participate in design and/or review meetings
- Coordinate site investigations with external advisers, and co-ordinate resulting correspondence between parties
- Liaise and collaborate with other members of the design team over queries or issues relating to drawings, and assist with resolution
- Provide technical assistance to colleagues on software issues work across other offices and disciplines
- Develop, maintain and continuously improve technical standards, provide training and guidance to others
- Follow project management, QA, environmental and health and safety procedures
- Support and assist less experience colleagues as required
- Demonstrate proactive approach to continuous professional development
This role would suit someone with:
- HNC/HND or equivalent qualification in a relevant industry.
- Experience in a CAD Design role within a consultancy environment
- Well versed in REVIT design software
- A technical understanding of the Civil Engineering discipline
- The ability to plan and prioritise work to meet deadlines
- A demonstrable commitment to own personal and professional development
Whats in it for you?
- The opportunity over time to take on greater levels of responsibility and autonomy as your skills develop, and as you are supported with professional development.
- Ability to work with one of the country’s best engineering organizations.
- The ability to learn from and be mentored by some great Engineers with outstanding experience