Who you’ll be working for:
Our client is a highly respected multidisciplinary design consultancy who offer design solutions to clients across the Education, Commercial, Healthcare, Retail and Residential sectors.
The people you’ll be working with:
As part of our clients well established team of Engineers and Technicians, you’ll work closely with colleagues of various engineering disciplines, where you will prepare detailed engineering calculations, and assist with specifications, scheme designs and project reports.
What you’ll be asked to achieve:
As Civil Engineer you will be responsible for producing engineering designs, calculations and specifications, using appropriate technical software, on some of the most exciting civil infrastructure projects in the UK and worldwide.
You be asked to produce technically sound work consistently designed and delivered, in accordance with agreed deadlines and budgets.
In order to fulfil this you will be required to:
- Produce engineering designs, calculations and specifications, using appropriate technical software
- Supervise the production of technical drawings and check output
- Prepare technical reports in accordance with their clients’ briefs
- Attend and participate in (internal and external) project meetings
- Undertake site visits to oversee the progress of works against agreed specification, and highlight issues to the contractor, client and/or (internal or external) project manager as necessary
- Co-ordinate input from other disciplines and specialisms
- Where appropriate, represent our client as lead engineer at client / project meetings
- Correspond with external third parties (eg clients, contractors, architects and/or manufacturers) regarding information and technical queries
- Delegate work to Technicians and/or Graduate Engineers as required, and provide feedback on completed work
- Maintain awareness of the performance of projects against agreed project plans and budgets, at a level appropriate to role
- Comply with project management, Operational, Environmental and Health and Safety procedures
- Proactively manage own continuing professional development.
This role would suit someone with:
- A degree level qualification in in a related subject
- Experience in a Civil Engineering role within a consultancy environment
- Well versed in relevant civil design software such as AutoCAD, WinDes and Civil CAD3D.
- A proven technical understanding of the Civil Engineering discipline
- The ability to plan and prioritise work to meet deadlines
- A demonstrable commitment to own personal and professional development
Whats in it for you?
- The opportunity over time to take on greater levels of responsibility and autonomy as your skills develop, and as you are supported towards Chartership.
- Ability to work with one of the country’s best Engineering organization.
- The ability to learn from and be mentored by some great Engineers with outstanding experience