Lead Electrical Engineer - Building Services
Who you’ll be working for:
Our client is a well known international multidisciplinary design consultancy who offer design solutions to clients across the nuclear, pharmaceutical, transport, power and rail sectors. Well known throughout the word, they are renowned for quality and delivery.
The people you’ll be working with:
You’ll have the opportunity to join a small EC&I team as the client develops an exciting new capability within the business unit. Working under the guidance and leadership of the Head of Department, it’ll be your opportunity to join at the early stages and have a real say in the direction of the business, drive success and develop a strong team in a highly competitive market.
What you’ll be asked to achieve:
You’ll be called upon to lead, mentor and develop a dedicated team, who are capable of further developing CE&I capability and growing the business.
In order to fulfil this you will be required to:
- Oversee EC&I specifications, assessment and justification
- Develop front end engineering design package generation
- Manage the financial & technical aspects of projects
- Leading EC&I project design team(s)
- Work with multi-disciplinary bid teams
- involve yourself in project cost, time control and reporting
- Liaise with clients, suppliers and contractors
- Display project,risk and quality management skills
- Have an appreciation of mechanical systems, process and civil engineering and an awareness off how they all intergrate
- Display a self-motivated attitude with excellent communication skills
This role would suit someone with:
- A strong understanding of building services Fire Alarms, Lighting, Power, HV/LV, Dialux, Amtec etc
- Qualifications to a minimum of HNC level, preferably have a good relevant engineering degree.
- Chartered Engineer status or in the process of getting chartership
- Relevant experience and be able to demonstrate sound technical Electrical knowledge and leadership experience
- Experience of low voltage electrical distribution design
- Experience of motor control centre and control panel design
- Experience of building Service design and lightning protection
- Safety Instrumented Systems, Programmable Logic Controllers
- Safety standards (IEC 61508, 61511, 61513), SIL categorisation & safety lifecycle
- Fault trees, FMEA, HAZOP knowledge
- Able to meet UK security clearance requirement
What’s in it for you?
- An attractive salary and package
- The opportunity to set up and create a capability
- The chance to work in a highly regulated industry