Construction Project Manager
Who you’ll be working for:
A well known construction and civil engineering business who specialise in commercial and Industrial construction work. They have developments across the north of the UK. They have multiple high profile opportunities in the region and as such they have an opportunity for a Project Manager to join their team.
The people you’ll be working with:
Based from our client’s 25 person strong project office near Kendal, you will form a part of a tight-knit and experienced team consisting of Projects and Commercial staff. You will work on groundbreaking new projects throughout Cumbria and the surrounding regions.
What you’ll be asked to achieve:
Responsibility for the delivery of construction projects, you’ll efficiently direct and manage the resources of during the pre-construction & construction phases, in order to ensure key targets are met. You’ll need to plan, monitor and support operations, and provide advice to management team.
In order to fulfil this, you will be required to:
- Lead and manage assigned projects ensuring safety excellence, client delight, delivery of the as-sold margin and timely close out.
- Administer project and framework contracts, including for example earned value management, risk management, accurate and timely invoicing and payment, procurement and sub-contract management, internal and external progress reporting and audits.
- Establish execution strategies, plans, and budget based upon application of Project Management practices and experience.
- Manage and control changes transparently and by engaging appropriately with the client.
- Follow consistent project delivery methodology
- Assist the technical teams by proactively managing interfaces, for example via Stakeholder Meetings, Design Reviews, and Interactive Planning Workshops.
- Seek and act upon client feedback via formal and informal means.
- Provide resource planning information pertaining to the projects/frameworks so that Operational Management can develop integrated resource planning across projects
- Support proposal development.
- Drive and support continuous improvement of work processes
- Achieve safety excellence.
- Be a proactive member of the Project Management community that acts as a cooperative team in driving the business forward
This role would suit someone with:
- Experience leading the delivery of a large construction project, section of a large project or multiple smaller projects.
- Main contractor experience managing multi-disciplinary sub-contractors
- Structural Engineering degree and professional accreditation or relevant experience
- APM membership
What’s in it for you?
- An attractive salary
- Ability to work in a well-established business with growth plans in Cumbria
- Opportunity to work in a beautiful part of the UK and take part in the various leisure related activities offered throughout the region.