Project/Lead Quantity Surveyor
Who you’ll be working for:
A well known construction and civil engineering business who specialise in commercial and Industrial construction work. They have developments across the north of the UK. They have multiple high profile opportunities in the region and as such they have opportunities for Commercial staff. On this occasion we are assisting them in the recruitment of a Project Quantity Surveyor
The people you’ll be working with:
Based from our client’s 25 person strong project office near Kendal. you will form a part of a tight-knit and experienced commercial team consisting of Surveyors and QS Support. You will work on groundbreaking new projects throughout Cumbria and the surrounding regions.
What you’ll be asked to achieve:
Lead responsibility for the delivery of commercial activities for a key project. You’ll efficiently direct and manage the commercial resources of during the pre-construction & construction phases, in order to ensure key targets are met. You’ll need to plan, monitor and support operations, commercial reports, and provide advice to management team.
In order to fulfil this, you will be required to:
- Review and sign off quotes for issue, subcontract orders, order amendments, Subcontract payments
- Provision guidance and advice on valuation of work in progress and future projections.
- Negotiate with client’s representatives, sub-contractors and other consultants.
- Review subcontract variation quotes and complete own valuation.
- Advise on contractual implications of intended courses of action.
- Provide contractual and commercial support to work winning
- Advise on commercial risks within the project or projects.
- Prepare monthly management accounts information.
- Prepare accruals and issue to Finance
- Prepare the annual and quarterly budget reviews.
- Prepare the contractual and commercial input into Project Plan
- Ensure that contract documents are properly executed prior to project commencement.
- Adopt appropriate measures for management of risk.
- Form an integral part of the multidisciplinary team responsible for project delivery and client service.
- Keep your direct line manager fully advised of any issue/risk which has arisen or might arise and which could affect the business/project.
- Oversee the flexible deployment of staff to provide an effective commercial service for the business.
- Provide staff with support and guidance on their job responsibilities.
This role would suit someone with:
- Experience leading the commercial delivery of large construction projects, section of a large project or multiple smaller projects.
- In excess of 5 years’ commercial management experience with a variety of contracts of different value, complexity and form of contract. Ideally NEC3 and JCT
- Construction experience having worked for a main contractor
- Excellent negotiation and diplomacy skills and the ability to make a sound business case to senior stakeholders
What’s in it for you?
- An attractive salary in the region of £45k-£60k plus package, dependent on experience
- Ability to work in a well established organisation that is going through a period of growth.
Opportunity to work in a beautiful part of the UK and take part in the various leisure related industries offered throughout the region.