Who you’ll be working for:
A well known construction and civil engineering business who specialise in commercial and Industrial construction work. They have developments across the north of the UK. They have multiple high profile opportunities in the region and as such they have opportunities for Commercial staff. ON this occasion we are assiting them in the recruitment of a Quantity Surveyor.
The people you’ll be working with:
Based from our client’s 25 person strong project office near Kendal. ou will form a part of a tight-knit and experienced commercial team consisting of a Commercial Managers, Senior Surveyors and QS Support. You will work on groundbreaking new projects throughout Cumbria and the surrounding regions.
What you’ll be asked to achieve:
As a Quantity Surveyor you'll be tasked with efficiently directing and managing the commercial resources during the pre-construction & construction phases, in order to ensure key targets are met.
In order to fulfil this, you will be required to:
- Take responsibility for the delivery of commercial activities for this exciting new project.
- Understand the contractual requirements of project/framework documents including the roles and responsibilities of all involved and the notices required to record change etc. Ensure all required notices are issued in a timely manner.
- Ensure the issues are understood by the whole team.
- Provision commercial aspects of Pre Tender submission
- Oversee Cost and Value management
- Oversee th preparation, maintenance and agreement of Project accounts
- Provision the commercial and financial reporting information
- Ensure compliance with company standards and procedures in respect of Commercial activities
- Adminiter subcontract procurement and management
- Handle claims management including formal preparation and negotiation
- Ensure control of project documentation
- Monitor the management and recording of changes
This role would suit someone with:
- Experience in commercial delivery of a large project, section of a large project or multiple smaller projects.
- Proven experience of setting strategy as well as operationally driving projects to successful conclusion.
- In excess of 2 years’ QS experience with a variety of contracts of different value, complexity and form of contract. Ideally NEC3.
- Construction experience having worked for a main contractor
What’s in it for you?
- An attractive salary in the region of £40k plus package
- Ability to work in a well established organisation that is going through a period of growth.
- Opportunity to work in a beautiful part of the UK and take part in the various leisure related industries offered throughout the region.