Who you’ll be working for:
A construction and civil engineering business who specialise in commercial and industrial fabrication and installation across a wide range of industries. With developments across the UK, they have multiple projects in the Cumbria region and as such they have opportunities for experienced people in commercial specialisms.
The people you’ll be working with:
Reporting to the Commercial Manage, you’ll work with a small team based in their office in West Cumbria.
What you’ll be asked to achieve:
You will render commercial support and aid with the delivery of the contracted work by taking ownership of the packages allocated to the commercial team. You will be asked to provision accurate and timely commercial reports, provide advice to management team and ensure the contract achieves the appropriate commercial targets.
In order to fulfil this you will be required to:
- Manage and control the commercial aspects of projects.
- Advise other surveyors of opportunities to maximise values and minimise costs.
- Collate, review financially and report on other projects within her/his remit
- Monitor sub contractor against programme and ensure direct reports do likewise and offer advice and support on problem areas
This role would suit someone with:
- A relevant industry qualification
- Previous experience as a Quantity Surveyor
- Experience working on high profile projects
- Construction experience having worked for a main contractor
- Extensive experience of NEC3 forms of contract
- Excellent negotiation and diplomacy skills and the ability to make a sound business case to senior stakeholders
Whats in it for you?
- Opportunity to work on an exciting new long term project.
- Ability to work in a small close-knit team