Freelance Infrastructure Engineer
Who you’ll be working for:
A medium sized engineering consultancy who have several offices in the UK. They offer design solutions to clients across the building, power and defence industries. Recently voted as one of the best companies to work for in the UK, they are keen on professional development and have set up their own in house initiatives in order to encourage this.
The people you’ll be working with:
Working under the supervision of a Senior Engineer, you’ll work alongside a small team of engineers in a regional office that can call upon the support of a larger office as and when required.
What you’ll be asked to achieve:
In this role, you will be an Infrastructure Engineer that will be responsible for the production of schematic/concept designs and design calculations within defined project timescales. You will be working on the likes of Sections, Drainage and Structures. You will liaise with the infrastructure team to ensure all the design is fully co-ordinated. You’ll also be responsible for the analysis and design of drainage and highways, progressing to overall design.
In order to fulfil this you will be required to:
- Have a thorough understanding and experience of producing construction drawings
- Liaising with other construction professionals in the development of designs
- Direct technicians in the production of AutoCAD and Civils 3D drawing information undertaking and quality reviews of drawn information prior to issue
- Work independently in the production of schematic/concept designs and drainage and highway design calculations within defined project timescales
- Undertake drainage and highway designs using WINDES Microdrainage, PDS and Civils 3D (or other similar design packages
- In addition to work on traditional civil engineering design projects, there is also a requirement to undertake Flood Risk Assessments and Drainage Strategies, or other similar reports, letters and general correspondence associated with this work. This is likely also to include liaison with Statutory Bodies such as Local Water Authorities, Environment Agency or Local Authority.
- Have an awareness of BIM and Revit (or be willing to be trained up in these areas)
- Undertake site visits to inspect works and take measurements
- Work under the supervision of Senior Technicians and Engineers in the production of drawing information using AutoCAD
This role would suit someone with:
- A qualification in Civil Engineering (HNC)
- professional qualification i.e, IEng or equivalent (Or working towards one)
- Experience of structural design software packages.
- Technically competence
What's in it for you?
- An attractive rate.
- A quality working environment based in the Lake District