Freelance Structural Engineer
Who you’ll be working for:
A medium sized engineering consultancy who have several offices in the UK. They offer design solutions to clients across the pharmaceutical, nuclear, power, transport and building industries.
The people you’ll be working with:
You’ll slot right into the team in the Civil/Structural department. A vibrant mix of Apprentices, Technicians, Mid Level Engineers and Senior Engineers, and you’ll have the opportunity to grow within the business.
What you’ll be asked to achieve:
In this role, you will be a Civil/Structural CAD Technician that will be responsible for delivering a variety of drawing information. You will be working on the likes of Sections, Drainage and Structures. You will liaise with the infrastructure team to ensure all the design is fully co-ordinated.
In order to fulfil this you will be required to:
- Lead structural engineering teams involved with the engineering design and optimization of complex building structures
- Prepare and review drawings detailing the systems designed
- Prepare and review drawings and detailing of the systems designed
- Supervise the preparation of submittals
- Write detailed reports
- Coordinate work with Engineers of other disciplines
- Complete project and team administration duties
- Attend meetings and communicate with clients to establish their needs and discuss design issues with them
- Assist with business development capabilities
- Participate in client communication and participation in work to win new clients and projects.
This role would suit someone with:
- A proven ability as a Structural Engineer
- Relevant experience and qualifications
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience in AutoCAD or REVIT Structure or equivalent packages
Whats in it for you?
- An attractive rate.
- A quality working environment based in the Lake District