Project Engineer - Civil / Structural
Who you’ll be working for:
A medium sized engineering consultancy who have several offices in the UK. They offer design solutions to clients across the pharmaceutical, nuclear, power, transport and building industries.
The people you’ll be working with:
You’ll slot right into the team in the Civil/Structural department. You’ll report directly to the Senior Civil Structural Engineer and be a key interface with the on site construction team. The office currently consists of a vibrant mix of Junior Engineers, Technicians, Mid Level Engineers and Senior Engineers, and you’ll have the opportunity to grow within the business.
What you’ll be asked to achieve:
In this role, you will assist in the production of concept designs and structural design calculations. You’ll also be a key liaison with construction teams and external stakeholders in the development of designs on the commercial and industrial sector.
In order to fulfil this you will be required to:
- Have a thorough understanding and experience of construction drawings
- Have knowledge of BIM and Revit (or be willing to be trained up in these areas)
- Hold a driving license
- Participate in internal project design meetings.
- Undertake site visits to inspect works and take measurements and surveys
- Work alongside Senior Technicians and Engineers in the production of drawings.
This role would suit someone with:
- Ability to analysis and design of building structures, progressing to overall
- A degree in Structural/Civil Engineering
- A professional qualification i.e, MIStructE/AMIStructE/AMICE/MICE or equivalent
- IT literacy and experience of structural design software packages.
- A good degree of technical competency
Whats in it for you?
- An attractive salary and package
- You will be openly encouraged to undertake in-house and well as external training that is available
- The ability to learn from and be mentored by some great Engineers/Technicians with outstanding experience.
- A quality working environment based in the Lake District