Who you’ll be working for:
Our client is a multifaceted Construction and Civil Engineering business specialising in construction and infrastructure. They have made an incredible impact locally delivery some prominent projects over recent years. On the back of this they secured some extensive framework agreements on a large scale construction projects in Cumbria.
The people you’ll be working with:
Based from our client’s project office in Whitehaven you will form a part of a well experienced commercial team consisting of a Commercial Managers, Managing Surveyors, Senior Surveyors and QS Support. On this occasion you will oversee a commercial team team who concerned with developing an exciting new £50m+ project in Cumbria.
What you’ll be asked to achieve:
Responsibility for the delivery of commercial activities for this exciting new project.
You’ll efficiently direct and manage the commercial resources of during the pre-construction & construction phases, in order to ensure key targets are met.
You’ll need to plan, monitor and support operations, commercial reports, and provide advice to management team.
In order to fulfil this you will be required to:
- Review and sign off quotes for issue, subcontract orders, order amendments, Subcontract payments
- Provision guidance and advice on valuation of work in progress and future projections.
- Negotiate with client’s representatives, sub-contractors and other consultants.
- Review subcontract variation quotes and complete own valuation.
- Advise on contractual implications of intended courses of action.
- Provide contractual and commercial support to work winning
- Advise on commercial risks within the project or projects.
- Prepare monthly management accounts information.
- Prepare accruals and issue to Finance
- Prepare the annual and quarterly budget reviews.
- Prepare the contractual and commercial input into Project/Business Business Plan.
- Identify change and implement change control process and agreement.
- Ensure that contract documents are properly executed prior to project commencement.
- Adopt appropriate measures for management of risk.
- Form an integral part of the multidisciplinary team responsible for project delivery and client service.
- Keep your direct line manager fully advised of any issue/risk which has arisen or might arise and which could affect the business/project.
- Oversee the flexible deployment of staff to provide an effective commercial service for the business.
- Oversee recruitment, training, development, reviewing and retention of staff.
- Provide staff with support and guidance on their job responsibilities.
This role would suit someone with:
- Experience leading the commercial delivery of a large project, section of a large project or multiple smaller projects.
- Proven experience of setting strategy as well as operationally driving projects to successful conclusion.
- In excess of 5 years commercial management experience with a variety of contracts of different value, complexity and form of contract. Ideally NEC3.
- Construction experience having worked for a main contractor
- Excellent negotiation and diplomacy skills and the ability to make a sound business case to senior stakeholders
Whats in it for you?
- An attractive salary in the region of £80k plus package
- For those from other regions choosing to relocate during the week there is a comfortable subsistence allowance on offer.
- Further chance to work in a highly regulated industry on high profile projects