Who you’ll be working for:
A global design, architectural, planning, project management and consulting organisation with a strong local presence. They have a reputation for delivering complex projects in challenging environments. Renowned in their field, they are a key collaborator and have worked hard to develop and maintain a strong reputation within the industry.
The people you’ll be working with:
You’ll slot right into a team of 15 in the Mechanical department. A vibrant mix of Apprentices, Mid Level Engineers and Senior Engineers, and you’ll have the opportunity to grow this number as you develop your own team.
What you’ll be asked to achieve:
In this role, you will be a Mechanical Engineer that is responsible for developing an exciting new capability within their organization, that will assist in securing new work streams and expand their offering locally. Working and developing a team, you will be required to join in at all stages of the Mechanical Engineering life cycle.
In order to fulfil this you will be required to:
- Deliver engineering design solutions including preparation of 2D drawings, 3D models, hand calculations and finite element analysis.
- Deliver engineering design solutions throughout the full design lifecycle from concept through to detail design.
- Checking work of others.
- Develop and control local processes and processes for delivering Finite Element Analysis from a design aspect.
- Ensure that projects are delivered to time and quality.
- Work with clients to capture requirements and liaise on technical and general project aspects.
- Work with colleagues across the group to develop proposals for new work.
This role would suit someone with:
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline
- Possess a good understanding of engineering principles
- Experience in delivering solutions to technical problems
- Experience in engineering design/design analysis
- Experience of undertaking technical calculations
- Experience in 2D and 3D Computer Aided Design
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to learn and adapt
Whats in it for you?
- Attractive salary and package including car allowance
- Will be openly encouraged to undertake an active programme of in-house and well as external training that is available to all of their Engineers.
- Ability to learn from and be mentored by some great Engineers with outstanding experience.
- Quality working environment based on the highly sought after Westlakes Science Park